Burwood Brickworks – Infrastructure
Burwood Brickworks is built on an old brick factory in Melbourne’s inner east. Rokon are pleased to have undertaken the infrastructure works to service this exciting development.
Burwood Brickworks consists of retail and commercial development, high rise apartments, wetlands/village green, civil subdivision and medium density subdivisions.
Key project deliverables included:
- Construct new: 1x signalised and 1x unsignalised VicRoads intersections
- 1x Augment signalised VicRoads intersection with tramway in the center
- 1x extend signalised VicRoads intersection with tramway in the center
- Excavate 35,000m3 basement over two levels
- Construct 10m tall shotcrete and soil nail wall, working around live telecommunications tower
- Construct all new services for the world’s most sustainable shopping centre and estate
- Private electrical and lighting
- Private car park and road construction
Burwood Brickworks – Winner of Property Council Australia’s 2021 VIC State Development of the Year – the industry’s most prestigious award for state-wide projects. Earlier this year, Burwood Brickworks also achieved the Living Building Challenge® Petal Certification – the first retail development in the world to do so. Officially making it the world’s most sustainable shopping centre.
Rokon are proud to be a project partner in the development of Burwood Brickworks Shopping Centre, helping Frasers Property Australia create solid foundations for the delivery of this project.
Rokon coordinated works around the commercial / retail builder and assisted with gaining access for other trades as required. Our team were always aware of not only their own program time frames but also of others. They facilitated a whole project team environment to prevent any delays to the sustainable development. Brownfield works often present many design and construability issues. We worked closely with designers, authorities and our client to ensure the most cost effective and timely outcome were achieved. At all times demonstrating a willingness to work to the best outcome for all, not just for Rokon.