Existing highly reactive ground conditions lead to a full redesign & reconstruction of the Melbourne Water waterway running through the Rosewood Estate.
Complete reconstruction of the existing waterway. Intricate works that required management of continuously flowing active waterway, bulk excavation & reshaping of alignment, extensive stabilising of onsite highly reactive clays using both Gypsum & Lime stabilising techniques. Project delivery also required construction of rock beaching, weir walls, shared paths & solar lighting to meet client’s, council’s & Melbourne Waters expectations.
- Cut: 1800 cu.m
- Fill: 1562 cu.m
- BEW completed by ROKON Machines.
- Subsoil Improvement: 15594 sqm
- Concrete works: 1588 sqm
- Nib wall – 53 lm – RJS Civil
- Rockworks – 2x headwall and 927sqm of chute and culvert rockwork completed by structured rock pty ltd.
- 5 x solar light poles – UCS
- Landscaping works ongoing – Balanceenviro
Rokon delivered project well ahead of contracted timeframes, allowing our client to get landscaping installation commenced in time for the crucial growing period.